Friday, February 24, 2012

Dining Room Progress

Our poor dining room. 
It has seen quite too many transformations in our lives in this house.
Most recently it looked like this.

What has changed??
1. my puppy has been hiding under the parsons chairs and chewing up anything she can get to.
like at least 100.00 worth of stuff a week. this has to stop!!
first thing first, put the chairs up!! and actually BUY some chairs for the room.
2. Clean and put away my beloved striped rug. (the puppies were tracking in mud on a white non-scotchgarded rug) and find a rug alternative.
3. Finish accessorizing this room!!

Here is where we are at right now.
{and yes that is frog tape at the back door waiting on proper weather to paint... hoping to complete that this weekend}
The Chairs:
you are probably now thinking why only buy two chairs?? well we are not planning on living in this house forever and in our next house the kitchen table will (fingers crossed, hopefully) have a built in banquet bench. So in that case we will only need two additional chairs. 
Here is an up close picture of the chairs.
yes complete with tags still. I have been dying for some oval cane back chairs but hubs and I both decided they will hold too much peanut butter residue. So these were our second choice.
What else?? Oh yeah...
For now, we have a basic area rug down to anchor the table. 
Accessories:
This room is so small it doesnt need much. 
One thing we will be needing is a highchair. Our old one didn't make the second child cut... Insert another great Essex find. This is what my dad called my highchair from the Jetson's. hahaha

AC can still fit in it and has actually preferred to be there as of late.

I have 3 more botanical prints to add to the collection but I am afraid basically hanging 3 more from the ceiling will only over power the small space. So they are being saved.
To add the lacking visual interest..
We moved my favorite print and ornate frame to the right of the mirrored piece. 

What is left??

Finish the window topper for this room!!!
Maybe make a cute table runner?? Or purchase some placemats? 
My mom actually gave us these.

Then I am planning on being done with this room... (in this house that is.)

1 comment:

Jessie Jones said...

I love it! So fun! Time to come decorate my house now! :-)