Thursday, September 2, 2010

Laundry Room Facelift.

Okay I am sure most of you have seen The House of Smith's Pantry facelift. 

I must say i was beyond inspired and my wheels immediately began spinning!

You see Mrs. Smith owns a vinyl business, Wonderfully Wordy, therefore she had the means to use a nice amount of vinyl to create this quatrefoil design you see and paint to her hearts desire and create the most "perfect" looking pantry in America. 

Well, being the absolutely Martha/ i-can-do-anything-if-i-set-my-mind-to-it me i went ah-pludering.{if that isn't a word it is now;) } I knew my husband would laugh hysterically at me if i told him i wanted to order this large amount of vinyl and actually spend $ on this project so i had to think harder....

I needed to spend less than $10.00 and create the same look. 

Well if you know me at all, you know I like to have things that other people don't have, I really love different. 

Well, how many people do you know that have used their favorite wedding wrapping paper from Hallmark and turned it into their absolute favorite wallpapered room in their house??

 I DID!!

Have no fear my friends, Spray Adhesive came to the rescue. 

Whenever I am ready to "change the look" all I need is my handy-dandy Magic Eraser and a slight amount of elbow grease and all the tackiness is gone. 

Like in an hour.....
Here is a closeup of the pattern, has a slight sheen to it with a pretty small repeat, i.e. makes it easier to match the pattern.


Here is the whole project. 
I tried my very best to eliminate as much unnecessary junk as possible.

I think the top right corner is a lost cause though. haha

Took two of my Arthur Court canisters and added them in here. The are filled with sweetnlow and soup mixes, not something i use all the time. 

My sweet friend Anna wrote me a thank you note, and i just love the way she wrote our address so much i had to add it to the "decor."


Needed to add some hang tags to everything so we would know where our items were hiding. haha.
{all fonts are compliments of the incredible Amanda from www.kevinandamanda.com}
More or less, this project was really good to weed out the clutter and send everything we don't use on a daily basis out to the "satellite kitchen" in the guest house. 

Speaking of the guest house: I hope to one day make it out there and begin working on projects but as i am continually learning.... slow and steady wins the race. 

Also for those of you still wondering, we are going strong with the homemade detergent. Only good things to say and my pocketbook is loving the slight relief!!
Happy early Friday/ first football weekend for most of us!!

ROLL TIDE!!!
ps. did i mention i only spent 6 bucks and some change on this project??


I am linking up to Serenity Now for Amanda's weekend bloggy reading!! 
 Weekend Bloggy Reading


and Remodelaholic's Anonymous!!






{i just love these linky parties}

21 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

Oh my gosh! I love how it turned out. Soo cute! Aren't you smart? I am lovin youre cute tags too. Thanks for the link to the fonts! Gotta check out your blog more. Homemade laundry soap? I'm soo intrigued!

Oh, I'm visiting from Amanda's! Have a great weekend!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Wallpaper???! That is brilliant! It really looks fabulous. :) Thanks so much for linking up with me!

Erin @ Frundy said...

This is so cute! I love the wallpaper and the big glass detergent holder. Fabulous!

Sarah said...

That's such a great idea!! And I loved the hang tags---too cute!

Jenny Beth said...

thanks guys!! had a really fun time working on this project!

Julie said...

I love your laundry nook!! It gives me hope that mine won't be some lame closet with the washer and dryer and some junk shoved on the one shelf forever. Was that a run on or what? It looks great!! Visiting from linky at Serenity Now.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your laundry area looks fantastic. I love how you used gift wrap as wall paper. I also love how you made this a pretty space that will make a mundane task like laundry more pleasurable to complete.

Laura said...

Lovely! You really made such a nice difference for such a small cost! I have had a little laundry room re-do rolling around my mind, and you have really inspired me!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Very cute! I am so jealous of all the cute laundry rooms around blogland. I have to do laundry in my basement dungeon.

Prissy said...

I love the redo. It looks wonderful. I might just have to look at wrapping paper a little differently.
RTR!

Remodelaholic said...

We love this party link and I wanted to let you know that we are planning on featuring it today!! We hope that you get a bunch of new visitors.
www.remodelaholic.com

House of Smiths said...

I LOOOVE it! Everything looks so... pretty!!!
Thank you SO SO SO much for sharing this with me! :)
I'm totally impressed!
And I'm DEFINITELY going to have to remember this wrapping paper idea for another project ;)
Thanks!
~Shelley

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the damask, turned out fabulous!!!

MamaMonki said...

Beautiful. Makes me itch to work on my dank, dirty, dreary little corner. I'm curious about your detergent too. I've been making my own and we really like it... just wondering what you used for yours?

ps I'm adding you to my follow list too.

Jenny Beth said...

thank you all for the wonderful comments! It really means so much to me!! For those of you asking about the detergent i will do a post tomorrow on this. i LOVE IT!!!

Cynthia said...

You did a great job! I also loved that look and decided to do it on a big scale- so I am stenciling. And stenciling. And stenciling. Your wrapping paper idea is looking better and better the more MILES (or at least that's what it feels like) I stencil.

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

GORGEOUS! I love this! We have a similar laundry closet in a rental we own -- I'm thinking if I can do it as cheap as you did yours it's completely worth it! :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I think everyone out in Blogland has been inspired by House of Smiths pantry redo! I have been working on mine, but searching for the perfect background look - love yours! Inspiration is coming! Love your blog!

Katie said...

LOVE this! Would love it if you linked up to my Laundry Room Inspiration linky party! :)

http://bellacreativekatie.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Thanks SO much for linking up!

Mallory said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I just re-did my laundry room after seeing this! Here is is on my blog! Thanks again! http://mallicious.blogspot.com/2010/12/laundry-room.html