Thursday, February 9, 2012

Back to life

Recently Casey and I were driving around neighborhood in our part of town. We found this house with weeds 5 ft tall. It was a grand house, very southern and very classic.
It had been abandoned and just so happened to be open when we went to peek in the windows.
Here is what we saw when we walked through.

Why am I showing you all of this? Well long story short we thought we wanted to purchase this house and rehab it. The home was already under contract when we called to inquire about it;(
Either way, I want to show you what I had in mind. So dream with me for a few minutes.



The den
how great would a dark fireplace be in this room?



Downstairs Halfbath



The bathroom tile has come back in style.
And how cool would this look in this space?



If you look closely in this picture you can see the ceiling in the kitchen is caving in. (there was bad roof damage in the back of the home)
we went far enough in this home to go back and measure to see what we could do a complete kitchen overhaul on this space. We had two main layouts in mind.

This one is my absolute all time most favorite.


Just breaks my heart someone would leave this home like this.


This layout would have required us to rearrange some plumbing but would have been just as lovely.



This is the living room. Complete with lovely green carpeting!
It would make an awesome playroom.




otherside of the living room


I mean seriously?? How fun?


The entry with hunter green marble flooring.
on the left side this is what I would like to see when walking in the front door.



We think someone ripped the carpet off the stairs
And a small bench and picture to welcome you into the home



Cute gate leading to the courtyard

wish I could find the pic to the courtyard but it seems to be missing. it has the same layout as the one in the pinterest picture. soo amazing




And the back door area.
oh how precious would it be dressed up with outdoor cabana curtains?

how cute would this be at christmas time?

And here is the dining room.
Assuming there was more damage to this room. This is the foundation for the flooring.

(thank you pinterest for making it sooo easy to pull inspiration pics together)


I would even plant some boxwoods and hosta along the front walkway.


Thanks for dreaming with me.

1 comment:

Dixie Delights said...

This was such a FUN post. I loved dreaming with you and all of your inspiration pics have me swooning!