Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nursery Diaries Part 1- of many...

Okay so here I sit at 27 weeks. 

A few things have been accomplished in the nursery and I wanted to wait until this point to show you how we went about pulling the room together. 

First thing we did was order a crib. 
This one to be exact.

This is the Sophia fixed gate crib from Pottery Barn.
I was looking for something with a slight vintage throw back but still very modern lines, this was just what we needed!!

We were waiting to do everything else once we figured out what we were having. 

Unfortunately I had some unexpected problems upon returning from our disney trip so at the ripe 14 weeks and 5 days we found out we were having a boy!! 

Let the planning begin!!

I have always loved a very classic look for a nursery and this time would be no exception, especially if this is our last baby. 

My husband and I agreed a nautical theme would add the touch of big boy/non-nursery look we were wanting; but would allow us the ability to choose some very classic and very baby items to place in there as well.

Colors we decided on were a grey undertoned blue, a rich deep navy, creamed white and the greywash made ever so famous by Restoration Hardware. 

Be back tomorrow to show the colors and fabric swatches we have come up with!

No comments: