Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Master Bedroom Update

It is kinda sad for me... We are at the very tail end of renovating this house. And finishing this room seals that fate even more.
...
But all good things must come to an end right?? Soo...
After much deliberation, we decided to paint the master.

We chose Popcorn Kernel by Benjamin Moore.

I know you are wondering why yellow? No one is using yellow right now... well, this picture kinda was the spin off for the whole thing.



Ever since we got our bedroom furniture I couldn't ever figure out what to hang above the bed. And I was also struggling to figure out which colors would keep the room light and airy with such dark chunky furniture.

For starters....

Well the mirror sitting out in the garage!!!

That's it....

So to my local home improvement store I went. uh hmm... Lowe's... how i love thee!

We got our paint sample matched and headed home to complete the look. 

Although it took nearly 4 cans of paint I could NOT be more in LOVE!!


 After painting, I tweeked the placement of the plates.
(can you see my craft table set up outside.. secrets are far from here. haha)

Although the colors in this pic are much warmer this is the truest depiction of the color. I really love how well it goes with our PB Pickstitch Bedding.
And have I ever mentioned how much I love my pinch-pleated drapes my mom made for me for christmas last year? Because I really doo..hoo...
This side of the room will be tweaked slightly with the addition of the baby bassinet. My parents graciously offered to paint it and mom is making the bedding since I have been soooo busy with so many other things this fall...

And, just to keep it real check out the top right corner.. we are trying to find the right size vent to put back on here...

But check out what was lying beneath??
See that remnant of black wallpaper?? 

I tell ya, if these walls could talk!!!

Last recap...
before.
And after
Next up is adding in the glider and the bassinet...

And painting a HUMUNGO canvas... that will likely be post-delivery.

Btw. what do yall think about this fabric swatch for a simple bolster pillow?
And don't you think we need to fabric cover the lampshades in here? I feel like we should.


2 comments:

Dixie Delights said...

I have always loved yellow and it looks great in your room! And I think that fabric swatch is great!

Jenny Beth said...

thanks amanda, we are excited to see everything finally coming together!!