Thursday, October 10, 2013

ORC: Week 2

It's week two already and we are making some slow and steady progress!
(click on image to head over to Calling it Home)

Okay... so have had a few days to plan our next move from here.

The first and most important thing was accomplished a few weeks ago when we moved in.
This nasty room was Scrubbed clean!

Next up was removing this light.

And installing this light from Pottery Barn

We chose a slightly different globe for the light for this space.

Next we updated the electrical outlet and the light switch.

Now that the room was clean I started to brain storm ideas. 
Are you all aware of the amazing new fabric collection Sara Richardson is doing for Kravet?
It's pure genius!!!!

Here is my inspiration photo for the cabinets.


Our paint color is Sockeye by Sherwin Williams



The home made chalk paint had great coverage over the graining in the oak cabinets. 
 
super digging this floral fabric.
The aforementioned fabric (panel in the background) 

The diamond fabric I went ahead and purchased and reupholstered a cornice I had used in our last home. 
I love how it turned out.
Now I just need to purchase the panel fabric. 

Completed so far:
*replaced electrical outlet
*replaced light switch
*installed new pottery barn light
*upholstered and hung cornice
*primed and painted cabinets


What we have left to do:
*countertops
*cabinet hardware
*paneling treatment for the walls
*artwork
*accessories
*runner

Stay tuned for next week.
And come see what all the other projects progress looks like.



9 comments:

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Don't those old chain bathroom pendants crack you up?! Loving your vanity color!

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to see your bathroom...I am loving the paint color!

Christine @ Suburban Charm said...

LOVE your inspiration picture! Great progress!!! Looking forward to seeing your finished room! I am too chicken to paint my vanity....yours looks amazing!

Carol said...

Love, love, love the material you have chosen. I had no idea that Sarah Richardson had a fabric line - will have to check that out. Will be checking back in to see your progress!
Hugs-
Carol @ arewethereyet

Anonymous said...

HOW are you getting this much done with a newborn in the house?? You're my hero!

Mallory said...

Loving the paint color you chose for the cabinets!

Miss Charming said...

Pink cabinets? Yes, please! Great color choice.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I love Sarah R's fabric. I was looking at her blue's, but am not using them this time. Your cornice looks so professional, I love it. This feels like it is coming together fast. That vanity looks so good. Great job.

Vel Criste said...

Cornice looks fantastic!!!! I can't wait to see it all done!