Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lots, Lots, Lots to catch up on.

Let's see, let's see... where to begin....

May have to break this down into... oh, 10 posts. 

So much to discuss. 

First off I am FINALLY wrapping up the year long clean out!!

Still managed to have quite a few things to gather for a local children's consignment sale and take 2 more boxes to good will. 

I am just facing facts, I know I dont need it... I dont. 

Went through old pictures last night while waiting on hubby to get home. 

Threw away over 100... kept one pile to buy a photo album for. 

Whew that was a task, now to decide what pictures to print of each of my kids and start some photo books of our favorite memories. 

Its sad but I only have a handful of printed pictures of my baby girl!! 

She is 4!!!!!

Too sad.

First up of many spring decisions is what type of fence to do??


I kinda left yall hanging on the whole story but long story short our city super stinks (i say sucks under my breath)
It's pretty sad when you get excited about a fresh roll of chainlink ;/.

They said the last fence was installed around 1954 when the neighborhood was established.
At least all the old posts are gone now :)

And after putting up and taking down 5 fences the city had the state take down the fence they installed and sent out a crew and put up the proper size one and brought 3 truck loads of dirt to fill in the sink hole.

Basically to prevent us from temporarily having our fence problem again we will back off our property line a whopping 3 feet.
(this is the 6 foot fence they put up the second time, then someone from the city came out and told the state to take it down, basically the city wouldnt do anything so I called the State and was put in contact with the Building Engineer for the State of Tennessee and he himself came down and said this is unacceptable and a hazard to myself, my children, and my dogs, this sweet man FIANLLY got the ball rolling and made the city do something.)

At this point I dont care how many feet. 
Just so glad this nasty debris, dead tree and ugly fence we put up to protect us from this dilapodated fence is now all gone...

Whatever it takes to get me out of this place!!!

(last time on the market people asked for an allowance to install a fence, it needs to be done but we put making the rest pretty above the fence, I digress.)

Here is what I have pinned on pinterest and have been eyeing. 

Since we won't be here forever we may not spend the $ and do these designs. Just dreaming while we plan.

Love this but quite a big high end for my starter home neighborhood.


This would be for the gate into the backyard.

What kind of fence would you do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty pleased to find this great site. I wanted to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to check out new stuff in your blog. tarot reading
My web-site ... tarot cards

Kim said...

I'm in TN too! I love the last fence you've posted. We got a quote to picket fence our back yard....$7,000. Um, no. We'll be doing that project ourselves. Fun? No. Way cheaper? Yes.