Sunday, May 29, 2011

Better in white

So remember this post where I got way way too excited about these chairs my neighbor put at the curb.
.
Well now I am even more excited because those chairs have a fresh coat of high gloss white paint on them.
nice dingy color huh?

{can we talk about the bare spots in my grass in the background... they are making me nuts... i think its time to forget the seed and buy some dang sod!!}
ahh everything is better white!
these chairs were in perfect condition and just needing some love.
the second one was much more yellow than the first. 

this one the cute corner pieces at the bottom fell off. i think i can repair all of them but this was the only thing wrong.
again, ahhh so much better.
I believe these chairs have found their rightful home at the end of my dining room table.

oh, and want to talk thrifting for this room??
mirrored piece.... retail $2200.00 bought direct @ warehouse $350.00
vintage chandelier retail $1200.00 bought on ebay $150.00
Table RH's version is around $1000.00 found mine at a local antiques mall $120.00

{china cabinet in the corner is being returned to my mom's tomorrow!! yippee, then we can start building our built-in china cabinets on either sides of the window!}


I think I  can get the hang of this thrifting deal.
And Free.99 works for me!!!

Heck, who are we kidding, I would have paid a pretty penny for these chairs.

Thanks Sylvia, keep the junk coming and I will keep bringing it back to life!!

I am linking up over @ Rhoda's for Thrifty Treasure's

5 comments:

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

Awesome chairs! What a great find, and right next door! They are great in your dining room. Visiting via Southern Hospitality.

Libby@LightoftheHome said...

Awesome find and great make over! You really scored on that one! I am your newest follower!

KimMalk said...

Wow, those are so cute. I can't believe your neighbor was going to toss them!

Jenny Beth said...

thank you all for your sweet comments. we are truely enjoying our new treasure.

Pam Kessler said...

Cute chairs. They were a little yellowed weren't they. They look gorgeous now!