Monday, May 2, 2011

Naptime Bookshelf

Any of you ever visit Ana-white.com??
.
One of you sweet readers Anonymously told me about her site.
{i would love to know who you are so I can personally come and hug your neck!!! seriously!!!}


Soon after finding out about the site
I spent way way too long scouring the site for things we could build.
.
About that time we were in the market for a bookshelf to go in lil bit's room.
Loved PBKids and $119 wasn't too bad in my book.
.
But hubby was determined to build something on his own.
{here is the link to the plans}
.
We printed off the extremely detailed plans, took our list to Home Depot and purchased everything on the shopping list. 
.
I went to work and hubby took baby to nap @ my parents. 
.
In a little over an hour and a half he had a complete copy cat of the PB Shelf. 

Their Shelf
$119.00

Our Shelf

$46.00
materials 39.00
paint 7.00
still torn on whether or not to paint the shelf white.
thoughts??
I am linking up with Primitive and Proper on painted furniture.

5 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

Where is that ballerina painting from? I LOVE it!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

That is so awesome! I love Ana White. We have printed off a million plans from her site... haven't exactly executed any yet, but they're a-coming. Tell your hubs great job!!!

I like the shelf pink! So cute.

Jenny Beth said...

@lo, a sweet friend of mine did the painting. I love her work. I found the original at kookoobear.com under ballerina paintings.

@michelle, i will tell him you said great job. now to start cranking out some other plans

Sarah said...

I think it would look great in white!

Kara @ June & Bear said...

Looks great. I like the pink, but white might pop more against the pink wall.