Monday, February 21, 2011

A Place to Dine

So... my dining room... has had more than it's share of a quarter life crisis.
.
She is now on her 3rd set of dining furniture.
.
First my memaw's set..
.
Then my nanie's set of furniture...
.
And hopefully now my own!! {and final set}

Here is a diagram of the layout of the room 

3 walkways, one window and a complete focal point in our home. 
here it was when we first moved in.
Then the dining room looked like this. 

Lovely solid wood furniture just not me.

So with my husband's gracious heart he is allowing me to make the room my own!!

Sooo as I move to sharing our new pieces what do you think we need to do rug wise??

The rug you have seen in the room so far looks way too good in my master bedroom to move it back into the dining so I am looking at bare floors for the time being.

Here are some things I was trying out....

Patterned, bordered, ... traditional.
cream, basic, more casual and transitional in style
striped, added depth to the room and modern in style??

*we are leaning toward the striped {that's what hubby likes..}

What do you think would look good in the room?



6 comments:

The Miller Five said...

Striped! It's gorgeous! If you get and don't end up liking it, feel free to send it my way!

Unknown said...

You are too cute and creative. If you need someone to take any furniture off your hands, I'm available! :)

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Ooooh sounds like fun! SO glad you're not getting rid of the current rug- it's gorgeous! But so are the new options. Can't wait to see what you choose!

Jenny Beth said...

thanks guys... decisions decisions...

and colleen I will do that... we are actually getting rid of 2 light fixtures and our leather ottoman if you are interested....

Sarah said...

I'm a huge fan of the cream one

CNM said...

You have a great blog and I wanted to share a little award with you. Come check it out at http://lessonsofanewlywed.blogspot.com/.

Hope you had a great weekend!