Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Celebrations...

Ever had that feeling that you were NEVER going to get caught up... well i am there. As usual i have bit off more than i can chew and i am paying for it. My tired is tired as my grandpa would say... Anywho wanted to give yall a glimpse of my first ever hosted holiday meal. My favorite part was decorating the table. BTW i had full intentions of getting some mother of pearl napkin rings and i just forgot to make the trip to the store to get them... typical when your brain is as full of stuff as mine is....
This flower arrangement is one of my absolute fave's. you actually use two vases, set the smaller one inside the big one, fill with whatever candy you like then fill the small with water and flowers, VOILA.... such a unique centerpiece and really helped set the tone.


Then of course you must have candles....

And easter eggs hanging from the chandelier....

And dessert is always the best part, the funny thing here is on saturday my sweet hubby didnt hear the timer go off so my not so pretty, but very very yummy homemade carrot cake looks like a volcano, but still tastes great!!!
**on a side note this is the one room in my house that just is BLAH i love my curtains and chandelier and thats about it, any suggestions as to what i can do?? i was thinking a buttercream color for the walls, maybe in stripes and the stripes being a glaze. Any of you experimented with glazing... i am tempted to try....

No comments: