Friday, April 23, 2010

Bedroom Design Highlight


I have been wanting to highlight my friend Candace's bedroom remodel for some time now. For her this has been a work in progress over the past few months and i think the room is absolutely adorable. {Candace is pictured above(on the left) with my sister, Ainslie (on the right)}I met Candace through Ainslie when they were very young, both of them grew up cheering and competing and even though they cheered for opposing teams they always remained friends and since in college they have become wonderful friends.
{don't you love the tray sitting on this bed?? the tray
and the bedding are from my fave store in memphis
BellaVita, the bedding is Pine Cone Hill}


Last February, Candace started babysitting for me when I went back to work. AC was a tiny 3 month old and I was so comforted to know my sweet precious was being taken care of by someone I knew and trusted. 
Since Candace has been keeping baby I have discovered we both LOVE to decorate, so before we make any changes to the house I always ask her opinion and she is always eager to help. 
She helped me with decisions in our bedroom, {not quite ready to reveal, but getting close} Anna Caroline's bathroom, the den, and now baby girl's room. 
Slowly but surely the house is coming together just the way we want and I am so thankful to have Candace's help along the way. Here are a few pictures of her adorable room she has designed and executed all on her own.... so proud of her.....

The Grace sign above has been my inspiration for something i have wanted to do in Lil bit's room. 

Long story short the word grace has wonderful meaning to me and is a very special name. 
Originally I found the name Carolina Grace and sooo fell in love with it, my grandmothers best friend was named Grace.


 Mrs. Grace passed away in September of 2008 while I was pregnant with AC and i thought since she was my "living connection" to my grandmother; who passed away when I was in sixth grade; it would be a neat honor to her. We eventually decided to use another name but I wanted to create this sign to remember our planning and preparation for her arrival.
The pink piping on the linen fabric is a great effect on this chair.... love it.


Oh and these shutters, i just have an incredible love for them... These are from a little store here in town! Its a super cute antique shop and this shutter is from a home being restored off the english country side somewhere in Great Britian. Ummm... your gorgeous, i love you and the stories you carry, good lawd, I have a soft spot in my heart for history and antiques.


Hope yall enjoy, i am trying to find my jump drive to load pictures from our trip to Birmingham, AL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This room is just beautiful!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Sarah said...

Love the shutter! I want to incorporate them into my room and have thrown around the idea of stacking them horizontal to make a headboard. What do you think?

Jenny Beth said...

omg love love love the idea. one blog i have come across has done this and it looked AHHHMAZING. i totally think you should go for it!!