Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Southern Weddings Part 2

Some of my favorite things to do are surrounded around the joining of a man and woman in marriage.
  1. picking out flowers
  2. finding wedding dressesokay just a little side note here, this is/was my dream wedding gown, seeing as we planned our wedding in exacly 7 weeks there was no time for Monique Lhuiller to make this beauty,soooo i wore this... and i still love it,
  3. I also think one of the neatest stages in wedding planning is deciding which traditions will be incorporated in the ceremony. I knew that since Casey and I had no grandparents attending (casey has a grandmother living, everyone else is deceased) we thought we would have the mothers lay a special pink rose in honor of the grandmother's not with us.
  4. GIFT REGISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello, need i say anymore, i was excited, mom was excited, and casey went crazy with that gun they give you, SCAN IT!!!! Most of the items on my registry were very practical. I think that is really becoming the trend, most of my friends have registered for really practical things, I have only had 4 friends register for china, and they are my traditional, "girly"friends.
  1. childrens clothes for the wedding. Just see below. One day i hope to own a store that rents french hand sewn children'a clothing, noone wants to pay the price for such fine work but i know if there was a store that charged a deposit (for incidentals) and a rental fee, people would be all over that for children's portraits, weddings, in Mobile, (for the coronation ball)
below, these are the two sweet girls in my wedding, even though i had yet to walk down the aisle, the lady who sat up the ribbon tied a knot in it and the girls had quite a time figuring it out, (the car in the background really irks me.... whatev, small garden wedding i keep telling myself) needless to say it brought all the guests a little chuckle to get their minds of the incredibly aweful heat they were sitting in......
the dresses the girls are wearing have a really neat story to them... my mom made both of them for my sister and i to wear in our babysitters wedding when we were Allie Marie, and Mary Ira's age. It was really special for me to share that with two little girls that i had the privledge to keep. Are they not the cutest things ever???




this pic is from my friend Anna's wedding, are these not the most breathtaking wedding gown and french hand sewn {flower girls} dresses ever?? uhh just gorgeous......
and this is my sweet friend Kara's nephew London, uhh he is going to be a heartbreaker, and look at the lace both of the girls have in their dresses, (I LOVE LACE)

Sidenote: Most of the photo's shown in this post were taken by Josh Malahy Photography.
This is Josh
basically he rocks. His photography skills are amazing, and he has a true talent for photo-journalism. He IS the best! Here is a picture from my friend Haley's wedding. Josh has such an incredible way to capture a sweet moment.
What was your wedding like? Did you incorporate any neat traditions??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me, the music was probably the most important element in our wedding (shocker). We had our parents and grandparents select their favorite hymn(s) and used them for our Prelude music. I also had some high school/college friends sing "Lo, How A Rose E're Blooming" (a favorite piece from high school) and "The Lord's Prayer" (which reminds me of my mother). And I walked down the aisle to Petra's "I Love You Lord" instead of the traditional "Bridal Chorus"; it's one of my favorite praise songs.