Sunday, April 11, 2010

The love dare

I have been meaning to share with you what I have learned from reading this amazing book.

Since becoming a mommy my heart is very full for others, at this point in my life I am not Able to financially assist others the way I would like to but I can pray for them and ask the lord to be with ppl and give them the guidance they need. The love dare has shown me how to be much more open with my feelings and more real with my spouse.I shouldn't expect him to read My mind,I have to explain to him what it is I need to feel safe, one of those things is knowing we are not living above our means. I can proudly say we are well on our way to financial peace and as of February 1 everything but student loans and the mortgage is paid off. This was for me the first step to feeling "safe."

Within the first 10 days the book encourages the reader and the spouse to create boundaries for one another. Boundaries are healthy and necessary rules of engagement. Once you establish those boundaries you must begin to live by them.

Then you begin to pray for your spouses heart and the ways god can begin to work in your marriage. This is where the lord really begin to bless my heart. Being able to simply spend time with my husband is something I don't take for granted. My husband is working full time, going to school part time, and also has a part time job on the weekends, so when Tuesday nights and Sunday nights roll around I can't wait to spend time together!!

Stay tuned s I continue to share what the lord is doing in our lives!!

Verse for day 17
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love drives out all fear.
-- Jb

No comments: