Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The truth about diy...

You know sometimes you just gotta keep it real...

And today I want to show some of my incomplete projects.

You know when the idea sounds great in your head??

And never seems to get finished or pan out the way you had envisioned??
Well this would be that project. 
sidenote: please dont judge the fabric on these seat cushions... The chairs are being replaced... eventually.

You see, with this table, what had happened was...(said in the voice of the ladies man) anyone??
The glaze didn't take to the table like I originally planned.

Then after a few meals, my two year old had a few "spills." 

hey, it happens, nothing a little windex cant fix...
Wrong!! 
Sometimes scrubbing the spot will remove your glaze... especially if you don't seal because you didn't  love the outcome in the first place...
As the months pass you realize the glaze is coming off everywhere and you are going to need to do something...

I think that something is taking the plunge with some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

(insert happy dance here :) )

Shauna wrote a great post breaking down the cost differences between latex and chalk.
click on either image or link to go to post.

I must say she has me sold. 

This was kinda the look I was goin for with the table anyway...

Now, to decide on a paint color and find the time to paint.... hmmm
Thanks for letting me bare one of my "secrets" I often don't share on the blog...

No comments: