Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Framed chalkboard

Here we are with another "left from April" post. haha...
Do yall remember the horrible storms that ripped through the south back in April??
They were awful, quite a few homes in my neighborhood are just now being rebuilt from this storm. 
As drab as this situation was a little bit of good did come from it.
You see one of my neighbors lost their shed and they apparently had it jam packed with antique goodies.
ie. this guy below.... I went digging trash day, in the rain to rescue this gem!!
 
 He sat in my garage until late May and I finally went to work.
All he needed was a fresh coat of paint and a chalkboard insert. 
Luckily I had a scrap piece of plywood just the right size laying around and many months prior I had purchased the chalkboard spray paint.

So.. you got it!! a FREE project and just what I needed to add to my little "office nook" we have created in the kitchen!
Want to see him now??
paint,
chalkboard
silicone.
one hour, DONE !!
 He has a few minor imperfections that I need to work on. Like a finial for the other side maybe? haha
Since this is a vintage frame with no backint the piece of painted plywood is suspended between heavy beads of silicone caulk. Worked like a charm!!
Now you get to see the dirty truth of what this room really looks like. haha
The desk my sewing machine is sitting on was my great grandmother's.
Momma says Granny Pennington would be proud her table is still being put to good use.
Notice its last "face lift" was ohhh 1991? yah...
It's on my maternity leave to do list. 
.
And this list grows as the minutes pass...
Happy day before gobble gobble day!!

No comments: