Saturday, November 19, 2011

Deals Deals Deals

Okay, So I know I have been on a super deal kick lately so why stop now??

Recently a friend of mine found out about a store chain based out of Tennessee called Essex Bargain Hunt.

For those of you who live in Mississippi and Alabama you may be familiar with Hudson's Dirt Cheap.

Basically this store is a super discount retailer selling everything from tv's, patio furniture, light fixtures to some clothing and baby items. 

The get their items from what I can tell, from Amazon, Overstock, WalMart; and pretty much all kinds of returns various companies don't take the time to process so they sell to a discount retailer. 

For the first 30 days an item is for sale for the marked price.

After the first 30 days it gets discounted 10% for every 10 days an item sits in the store. The lowest the price can go is 90% off.

YES 90% OFF!!!!

Well, my inner-bargainista was itching to find a deal so I loaded up and headed to a store nearest me. 

Here is what we got!!
Manufacturer's box of boogie wipes.
They indidually retail for 3.99 a pop.
Would have been $50.00 for 12 boxes, as you can see on this item I paid $18.99.
Here they are for sale for $31.00 on Amazon.


And for those of you who are mommies and have never purchased these??? They are GREAT for crusty & runny noses. Makes the wiping-the-nose-fight much less severe!

Ever heard of a Goodbyn?
I found them on either Rue LaLa or The Foundary or one of those sites for like $9.99.
Lil bit was needing a new lunch box and I knew this would be a nice divided container to use for school.
Not only that but it's BPA Free!!
(imagine me tree hugging and saving the planet one lunch at a time;)

Watch this video:

I love it so much I had been looking to buy another... then I discovered they are $25.00 a pop. 
I decided to wait for a bit and see if it would go on sale.
(I have seen them at whole foods btw)


Although the sticker says it was 13.99 it was 40% off because it had been in the store since August!!

I got us another Goodbyn for $8.40!!

This was my biggest deal!! Are you ready??
Ever Seen the Baby Bjorn Bouncer Seat?

I haven't, and I was planning on trying to do without a bouncer this go around.... That is until I saw the price!!

As you can see it's kinda pricey! $170!

Guess how much I paid?
Since this had been in the store since June it was 90% off!! 
I paid $9.60!!!
SCORE!!!
Anyone trying to do organic diapers for your little one??

Look at this deal!

This box of 4 packs of size 2 Seventh Generation organic diapers says $24.99.

Since it had been in the store for longer than 30 days it was marked an additional 20% off!!!
14.99 for 4 packs of 40 ct diapers!!!!

In total I got 320 (2 of these boxes) size 2 diapers. Paid $30.00. 

That averages to .08 per diaper!!!
BTW these are usually .34 a diaper!!!
According to diapers.com this box usually runs $40 a box. 

 I can't even touch that with coupons!

As you can see just from these few items we saved some serious money on stuff I was already planning on buying, or not haha. Some deals were just too good to pass up!!

Be back later to blog the other items!

1 comment:

Jessie Jones said...

Love it! :-) You are such a deal hunter. It's awesome!!!