Thursday, June 9, 2011

Travel Thursday's First Ed. Disney World

 I have been waiting for some time now to come up with a series I will be really excited to share.
.
Throughout my life I have been VERY fortunate to travel quite a few places.

I always see people talking about the trips (on blogs) they ARE going on and I think well.... we have a little one and just aren't traveling alot right now. But I have traveled, and I want to share with y'all some of the amazing places I have been able to see.

First thing is first.

My uncle lived in Orlando for the greater part of 20 years. He worked for the school system and as a perk often got tickets to Disney, so naturally we would visit and that would be our "outing." With that being said; I have been to disney 15 times in my life and this will be my 16th time to go this summer.

But, you see this summer is special, I get to see Disney through a child, my child's eyes. 

For a awhile there Mickey and Minnie kinda lost their luster; but not this time. We are hoping to go full force!!
This is disney 2005, for a few years this is how we hit the parks... Mainly Wide World of Sports.

Our last trip to disney is one I went on with Casey's family in the fall before we got engaged. Fall 2007




We had a great time doing "big kid" stuff. So I have had to do a tad bit of research to figure out what the "best" rides for the little one's are. 

I was severely disappointed to discover Magic Kingdom no longer has Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (my favorite ride from childhood) oh well. 

Without further adieu here is our tentative itinerary for Disney 2011.

Sunday : arrive in Orlando around lunchtime, spend the afternoon by the pool then hit up
Downtown Disney for Dinner
via weheartit
 via google
Monday:Supercalifragillistic Breakfast at the wonderful Grand Floridian Resort.
 via disneyworld.com
 The grand-jour of this hotel mystified me as a child and I can't wait to see the look on Lil' bit's face when we get here.
 via disneyworld.com
hopefully our first encounter with the character's is a pleasant one. 
(keep your fingers crossed)

After breakfast we will head to Magic Kingdom and thanks to our customized map disney sent in the mail we will know right where we are going the whole time!!
You input your "must do" rides and you can choose to either print on your own or have them mail a map to you. 
We received the fanciest envelope, and I think receiving this in the mail added to the magic of disney and further excited lil bit about our trip.

the envelope looks like this when it arrives in the mail.

After a busy morning of spinning tea cups we will head to the most magical lunch of all.
 Cinderella's Royal Table!!
Via disneyworld.com

And after lunch we will retire for an afternoon nap, after all our little princess isn't quite 3 and will surely need to rest.

Next Thursday I will map out Tuesday-Friday of our trip.

Disclaimer: for those of you who think I am crazy for posting when we will be out of town online please know I have put more thought into who will be at my house, how long they will be there, and the frequency of their coming and going than I have put time into planning this trip. If someone even thinks they are going to break into my house know... I have like 10-15 ppl coming and going by while we are out of town. So there... they will think we are having parties the whole time we are gone. haha.



No comments: