Thursday, May 30, 2013

Whew...

Okay so... recap.. 

Been on the market 22 days. With FSBO we have had some great exposure and traffic. So far 6 showings I think and we are just waiting for the right offer to come in.

Whew is the only word I really have to recap my life basically since August. 

I was teaching at mothers day out monday, wednesday, and friday and our daughter was attending preschool across town tuesday, thursday and friday.

When we found out we were expecting in November I knew something had to give. 

Luckily I was able to switch from teaching the 3 year olds to snuggling with the babies at MDO. 

I would be lying if I said this was an easy spring. 
(most days I had these aweful bags and no makeup... remind me not to do that again!)

Our son was sick CONSTANTLY,(flu, 19 ear infections, staph infection, allergies to food, allergies to medicine, etc)  I am still having issues with my heart, and I started really pursuing my dreams of designing and creating children's clothing.

Most have asked how I did it, others asked if I am still designing. 
The long and short is I wake up at 6 am and go to bed about 1 am.
I won't lie to you, I am exhausted... and with my husband travelling about 36-38 weeks out of the year I was pretty burntout!

This past fall was a good time to re-evaluate the design, long story short I was not charging anywhere near enough, I was doing way more travelling than possible with 2 children and it just wasn't working for me. 

From now on my current clients are on retainer, we work one project at a time and don't move on to others until the current project is complete. Allows me to meet the immediate needs of that space and stay focused on the task at hand.

I have GOT to get to about 5 different houses and follow up on the completed projects as I left them with homework while I worked on the applique, taught and tried to manage everything while my husband traveled for work. 

So stay tuned on how we were able to transform these rooms. I had a blast working with each and every one of them and I am excited about some of the things being completed as I type!!

I am happy to report I have quit working at Mother's Day Out to be a full time stay at home mommy....
er.... stay at home designer..... er... full time night warrier....

Either way I am SUPER excited to recharge my batteries and let my creative juices for the ol' blog come back. 

Now that I have adjusted to the embroidery and applique and have a little bit of a hang of things expect there to be some more projects, tutorials, and excitement on here.

I apologize things have been so few and far between but there just havent been enough hours in the day!! 

Now we are home ALL summer!!!


Can't WAIT to put some pinterest projects to work and start checking off my ever growing to do list. 

First on the list... make it to the apple store and get a new charger for the laptop, becuase lets face it... I blog with laptop propped up in bed! That's just what has always worked for me.

Second on the list... hopefully.... prayerfully we wont be in this house much longer.. which means a new blog name and LOTS of new design projects.
(enough of the furniture rearranging right??)

And third..... to reveal to all of you just how organized we have become since we found out we were expecting #3 in the fall. 
Only a few more things to sell, get rid of and I will do a real life house tour of all the storage solutions we have put into plan in our small 1400 square feet. 

And all I can say is there will be tumble weed blowing through any house larger than this we have gotten rid of so much! 
SERIOUSLY!!!!

sooo what have yall been up to??? Do share because I am BACK and ready to breathe some new life into this space!!!!

What do you want to see?? 
What do yall need help with?
Lilly wants to know!!!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Good Luck with you house selling. We sold our Cordova house in 2.5 months. I am sure yours will... it is adorable! We will be moving to Sea Isle East of Estate. So happy to be back in East Memphis. Tell Anna Carolina that Miss Molly says HI! Glad your summer will be less stressful!

Dixie Delights said...

You have been buuuusy! Glad you've sorted things out to work for your family. Can't wait to see more :-) xo

Megan Syron said...

Good luck with the house! What worked best for us was to make flyers with photos of the inside of the house available (attached to our FSBO sign in the yard) that pointed people to Zillow.com for more information. I printed the flyers at my work and posting on Zillow is free! I'm sure you can direct people to your blog you made that shows every room too, but Zillow is nice because it will pop up as a FSBO and you don't have to list it on the MLS.

It will happen! Miss you! Can't wait to meet bebe #3!

Jessie Jones said...

I am so happy with how wonderful life is for you! I know it's crazy busy, but you are so talented and such a great mom - I can't wait to read what is next for you! Have a wonderful week!