Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Mother's Day Treat

I thought I would take the weekend off and spend time with my kiddies, but before I do I wanted to share what we are doing for my mom for Mother's Day.

We commissioned a piece of artwork by a friend, she also happens to be an incredible artist!!

Meet Katie Toombs.

She is Amazing!!!
Not only is she an artist cranking out work right and left, but a mommy to 4 little ones! 
I don't know how she does it. 
*all images property of Katie Toombs Fine Art

Here is a sampling of a recent art show that was held this spring.
 *images property of Katie Toombs

how precious is this painting?

*side story: Our church is making plans to try and move the original historic chapel from its original location onto the current church property. Katie is commissioning these pieces and a portion of the funds will go to restoring the chapel and getting it placed on current church property. 

*image property of Katie Toombs 

This is actually the actual painting we got for my mom! 
I can't wait to give it to her this weekend!!

Thanks again Katie! We will share a picture once we get it hung!!

What are you doing for your mom for mothers day??