Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Christmas Handtowel Tutorial

Hey there! 
It's been quite a while since I have shared a diy craft with yall and I wanted to sneak one in before a long weekend. 

This would be a great project for you to do with some girlfriends, or even the women in the family over the thanksgiving weekend. 

The first and most important thing to remember with this craft is to not complicate the items. 
You will need:
*any type of hand towel, 
(I found mine at target in a 2 pack for I think $3.99)
*scrap fabrics
*sewing machine or fabric glue
*some ribbon
*straight pins

1. First thing I did was trace a quarter for the berries, cut out my triangles for my trees, rectangles for the stumps, then I googled holly leaf and freehanded a shape.
(you can always print off some clipart, cut it out and use it as your pattern)

2. Pin down the design and zig zag the design onto the towel
Note: if you do not have a sewing machine or cannot sew you can purchase fabric glue and put a thin layer of glue on the pieces and attach them to the towel.

3. Attach either a ribbon or ric rac to the bottom edge of the towel.

These would make great little teachers gifts, or a happy for a friend. 

Can't wait to see and hear what you come up with!
ps. sorry for the poor photo quality, considering changing to a new camera all together because everything is malfunctioning :(
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: