Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chicago Day 4

This was the day of laziness! I spent most of the morning indulging in a rare commodity! 
SLEEP!! Yes I slept until 1:00pm in the afternoon!!! Hasn't happened in 4 years for me and it was simply divine!!!!!

I grabbed lunch at this swank eatery called Protein Bar. 
My quinoa wrap was divine!

Then scheduled an architectural tour! 

I am only short 6 credit hours of having a minor in art history and my favorite classes were on architecture so this was like a college refresher course! 
Loved every minute of it and learning the history of Chicago!!


From there I met Casey in the room and we got dolled up for the crown jewel dinner.
The "IT" restaurant in Chicago is apparently Frontera.
Rick Bayless is the chef and the food was some of the most divine I have EVER tasted in my life!!

We grabbed the first seating we could get which was at a bistro table at the bar!
We tried a summer concoction of a cumcumber cilantro margarita, ate taquitos, and traditional steak tacos. It was divine!!!



3 comments:

Stacy Heckman said...

Hi there - I discovered your blog a few months ago and have really enjoyed reading all about your house stories, renovations and most recently your trip to Chicago (my hubby is from there, so it's fun to see where you went). I was wondering if you are on Instagram? I would love to follow you on there as well. I look forward to continuing to follow your blog!
Stacy

Jenny Beth said...

stacy- thanks so much for your sweet comment. I AM on instagram my username is LifeOnLyford!! would love to have you follow along. I had a banner on the right side of the screen but for some reason it kept glitching so I took it down :(

Stacy Heckman said...

I just found you on Instagram - thanks! :) Look forward to see your pics.