Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Crafty Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone.
.
I hate i haven't blogged all these items along the way.
.
However, how would you like a jam packed craft filled post??
.
Well here goes nothing...
.

Saw my sweet friend Kellie's ribbon trees on her mantel and decided we needed something cute for baby girl's room.
.
The dot ribbon was purchased from Hancocks.
.
The Lilly Pulitzer ribbon was acquired years and years ago. 
.
All the rest was taken from my mom's stash.
.
If you decide to make one of these cuties all you need is a foam cylinder, more ribbon than you think.
(i used around 4 or 5 rolls)
.
and a hot glue gun. 
.
simply start at the bottom of the tree, establish your pattern and loop the ribbon.
.
Then i went back and filled in the empty spots.
.
The topper is a paper napkin bunched cut like confetti and hot glued on the top.
***
The Noel sign was created by Candace (my sweet friend who helps me with Preppie Peonie)
.
She surprised me with the coloring and I just knew it was meant for AC's room.

.
In other news we have actually enjoyed the firepit a little. 
{Cant wait to show yall the post on the before and after...}
.
{Did we notice a little someone has started dressing herself?}
And outside my home we kept it pretty simple.
.
You see mom has a decorating obsession.
.
With the exception of the ornaments in my front door garland, and my snowman.
.
Everything else was stuff mom wasn't using.
.
Did I ever mention she has wonderful taste?? 

Remember this tree I blogged about a couple weeks ago.
.
Well it wasn't entirely finished with it and until today.
.

The challenge i created for myself with this tree was every ornament {except the WS ones} needed to be homemade.
Well with everything homemade it was still missing something.
.
That's where my beloved Bella Vita stepped in.
.
I finished the tree off with some awesome gold sparklies and snowflake ornaments.
.


this little guy came from BV too. 
.
Thank you candace for such a sweet little happy.
.
Used  House of Smith's napkin poof tutorial and her accordian tutorial.
and TADA... a finished shabby/vintage tree!!
.
did i ever mention i just love this girl.
.
{notice how joy is missing the "Y" on the tree?? yeah, thats what happens when a 2 yr old helps/dips it in water then you run out of time... besides.. the show must go on.}
.
Now onto other news....
Remember when I posted on a Ballard Inspired Christmas?? 
.
Well i followed through with my projects but not in blogging.
.
Again, my apologies.
.

I found a "bunch" of fresh grenery for 3.99 at Lowe's well that should finish up the sprucing around the house huh??
.
First I was inspired by these beautiful letters..

** this is more a note to self... but when replicating something of such simplicity and beauty..
.
Please have a copy of the thing you are replicating. 
.
Otherwise you won't love it as much and it will surely go in the trash at the end of the season.
.
first you free hand a letter.
.

this is where if you are me you begin to mess up... 
.
ie you forgot your pic so you begin free stylin...
.
I didn't so much love the final outcome but, then again... you live and you learn.
sorry for the crooked door pic....
.
did i mention i am soooo ready for us to be able to finish up the minor projects.
{sanding around door and fresh coat of paint, alas never finished...}
.
focus JB... focus..
.
anywho because i wasn't in love with this I subbed the letter out for my fave three wreath combo.

Remember my original Ballard Inspired Post??
.
One thing I loved the most in this catalog were the magnolia leaf wreaths



Well this was easily replicated and looked pretty dang good in my opinion.
.
And the best part is it cost me nothing.
.

as you can see mine has significantly less magnolia leaves.
.
Straight line winds will do that every time...
.
These little guys were all that was left.
This top pillow inspired my pillow.
.
One yard of duck cloth
3 different size juice glasses
a pencil
some brown paint
2 scraps of cute fabric
max 30 minutes time...
and look what you can have!!
 My "Alabama" twist on a cute Ballard pillow.
.
In other news....
* we went to see santa 4 times. ALL of them ended badly!!! 
.
However.
.
we were all cheers at home. 
.

Will be back tomm with a recap of how our day was spent!!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a brand new follower and I'm so excited I found you via Twitter! Your blog is so cute and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Jenny Beth said...

thanks for following!! I have alot to share in 2011 and cant wait to get started!!

nest of posies said...

oh dear. santa wasn't a big hit with our girl either!

love your ribbon trees!!! thanks for the shout out. isn't house of smiths something else. love her!

your wreaths look amazing! love your ballard inspirations.