Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Facing Your Giants

Hokay soo.... It just donged on me that I have been blogging now right at a year. It has been an interesting past year; raising a child, buying our first home, getting a job, loosing a job, getting a new job that i LOVE, loosing some precious friendships, deepening the friendships i already have and learning about myself.

Some things i have learned is that if there is a problem in my life, first fix me, go to the lord with my concerns and ask for his forgiveness and let him guide my decisions. 2009 was an emotionally taxing year and i feel that the lord did not give me more than i could handle but he did present situations to me that he knew i would need to rely on him to overcome.

I am slowly making my way through Facing my Giants by Max Lucado. This book is the story of David and how the lord used him and his vices, and how the lord helped him overcome. Max Lucado has been given such a talent and the way he writes really speaks to my heart and convicts me of how i "Face my Giants." I hope once i complete this book to be able to share my stories with all of you and encourage you with the giants in your lives.

I know for my dear friend Stephanie, its her new pup Judd. For you is it your boss, spouse, family member, kicking a bad habit, loosing weight? Each of us have our own temptations and i use that word lightly. Satan contstantly tempts us to give in to them, let them have their way. But what i am beginning to realize is my problems arent for me to handle, they are the lords. He determines who to extend mercy to and who to punish, not me. We reap what we sow. 
Are you currently sowing some bad seeds? 
Do you need to ask forgiveness for what you are doing and repent before you begin reaping those seeds??

I hope each of you begin feeling the lord change your heart as we move into a new year and make you a kinder more understanding person as he is doing with me. If you need a good book to comfort you through the storm and teach you how to overcome Facing the Giants is it.

No comments: