Thursday, December 27, 2012

Purifying- A New Years Resolution- The Follow Up

This year has been all about simplifying. 

To date we have donated nearly 20 boxes of items to the Goodwill, a local mens rehad called the Warrior Center, and various children's clothing donations. 

It feels good to finally be seeing complete and total organization flowing through all sections of my life. 

The most sinful "collections" I had was an abundance of beauty supplies. Its unreal! 

I am thanful most of these items are still good to use and I have given them to tons of friends and family  or the bad stuff I got rid of. 

Feels good people, feels good.

The one Pin I saw on Pinterest that inspired this the most was attic orgainzation. 
All of christmas is in red boxes, everything else is clear with a contact sleeve filled with a fun fonted description of its contents! 
The one thing a friend shared me is to do a color for each child so Big sis has purple transparent boxes and baby brother has bright blue transparent boxes. 
Very easy to identify what box an additional item needs to be added to.

This has aided in the closet cleaning out and adding to our keepsakes pile, which might I add I am sadly not a sentimental person so I only keep my very very most favorite of what we own.

I have kept about 3 boxes either in our attic or on our screeded in porch to aid and ease the cleaning out process.
Obviously mine is more purposeful and not quite this pretty, ie broken box to throw away once done sorting. haha

Be back to show you pictures of how mine turned out!

2 comments:

Jessie Jones said...

Love it - and go girl! That's awesome! I've spent the last three days doing the catch-up cleaning at our house! Thank goodness I've finally had time to organize the crud and get my life back in order. I've got some donation piles going too, and it feels GOOD!

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com