Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happenings

I would SOOO.... be lying to yall if I said we were "taking it easy" over the holidays.
.
In all actuality we worked like dogs finishing up projects here and there.
  • Kitchen is painted
  • new fixture hung (properly, key word) in the kitchen
  • new curtains hung in master bedroom (ended up being very very time consuming)
  • picture gallery is almost finished
  • window project was started
  • upstairs was organized
  • removed all medication of any kind to higher ground
  • and all photo's of 2010 are properly labeled and stored under the 2010 label (hallelujah!!)

**again please disregard the nastiness of the porch. hoping for a beautified version come late spring.
Paint color.. Benjamin Moore Abbington Putty with 25% darker tint.= LOVE
Light fixture is Pottery Barn and can be found here
however.. i found one lonely pendant at the PBO and got it for 49.97 {dont hate me}
    Now, do you see where the oval mirror is on this wall??
    let me show you a better view.
    {see the big fat empty wasted space??}
    ...
    Sidenote: yall are probably asking yourselves why we took our kitchen table out and did this?? Well after 3 miserably long phone calls with At&t it was determined the wiring in our house is old and that is why we loose internet connection up to 15 times a day. Yeah!! 15!! So one night laying in bed we decided we would try and move the computer to the first point of entrance into the home; i.e. kitchen phone jack. Well lo and behold, it works i tell ya!!!
    .
    Thus the movement of homeoffice to kitchen eat-in area.
    .
    So, back to that bare wall... desk/cords/tech-savvy items all relocated in front of window complete; I decided I wanted these.
    My friend Maribeth got them and i just fell in love when i saw them in person.
    .
     Then I found this on some home website and figured we could build for way less than $799
    * What are your thoughts??
    Once we get a wrought iron gate to backyard this will be the main entry door, we will drop our things in the lockers and be on our way..
    Then and Now.

    I am waiting to finish glazing the rods to show the reveal picture of our curtains and the medicine cabinet is nothing to write home about so those pics aren't included.

    In other news.
    .
    About three weeks ago lil' bit found some Ambien in my nightstand drawer.
    .
    I was doing my usual chore of making beds and she was watching little bear, or so i thought
    .
    When i got into the den she had one pill in her mouth, one in her hand, one was in the bathroom sink and one migrated to the rug in her room.
    .
    I immediately freaked and called poison control.
    .
    The problem then was I had no idea how many pills were exactly in the bottle.
    .
    So the very sweet lady at poison control proceeds to tell me if she gets sleepy within the hour go to the emergency room, this medication could cause my little 2 year old to go into cardiac arrest.
    .
    GREAT!!!! 
    .
    Well we went on to school and i kept her with me monitoring her for the next hour, and by the grace of god nothing happened to her.
    .
    However this lit a fire under me to begin operation "store everything HIGH"

    Then just when i think all of this is over, yesterday i again go to my room to make the bed.
    .
    Gone 4 min. TOPS.
    {seeing a reoccuring theme, either dont make bed or wake up earlier, check}
    .
    I walk back into the den to discover my pinking sheers out of the sewing bag on the ottoman.
    .
    And yes... my worst thoughts were confirmed.
    .
    Although a tiny chunk, its a 4ish inch piece of golden tendrel laying on my couch and my precious angel saying "Mommy, look I cut!!!"
    .
    I took a deep breath and laughed, I couldn't yell because I wasn't there to witness this even.
    .
    Okay, so lesson learned... 
    .
    Life is now in operation keep everything potentially dangerous stored.
    .
    This picture conceals the evidence but ever since she cut she keeps saying "Poppy cut, Poppy cut!"
    {ps my dad is a hairdresser}
    .
    So, you know what we did??
    .
    We went and got that little girls hair cut.
    .
    She actually did really well.
    excited about some curls
    complete with her new do!!


    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Ana-white over at knockoff wood published free plans to build your entry lockers! You may already be familiar with this, but just to sure I thought I'de say something:) best of luck!

    Jenny Beth said...

    thanks for sharing. i didn't know about this!

    mustard seeds said...

    Love your lockers. Just found your blog...I think in a round about way through Jubilee girl...anyway, I also live in the Memphis area...we just moved out to Eads 3 years ago. Your house is so cute...especially your nursery/little girls room. Look forward to following and see what you are up to in the process of redoing your home.
    Sheila

    Sarah said...

    i like the change to the kitchen!!! now you get to use your dining room more!!