Monday, November 1, 2010

Sentimental Sunday eh.. Monday

Cha Cha at Sit, Relax, and Read

is hosting a fun new linky party. 


Well I have had a small project I have been working on to go along with my Sentimental Post. 
Remember what my dining room used to look like?

Kinda boring, tan, and with alot of little furniture. 
It was great,I loved knowing we were keeping it in the family and it was my Memaw's. (dad's mom's) 

I really did love having it, that is until baby decided to start pulling on the corner cabinets.

they were top heavy and i just knew they were going to come crashing down on her. 

so we dropped the leaves of the table, put it in the organized tool shed, turned antique collectors shop 
guest house.

For a couple of days it set empty, then mom called saying I could have my Nanie and Paw Paw's dining room set (mom's parents) 
REALLY??

The set had this beautifully carved china cabinet that I have always loved... 

Swizzle SWEET!! 
did i really just say that?? anyway moving on.

Well this got me thinking, how much i HATED the color of the dining room, it was the color when we bought the house... so I got my wheels turning.

Yall haven't seen the bathroom 
{mainly because remodeling that room was put on hold when i got laid off}
but it is painted Notre Dame by Valspar.
here she is. 
a perfect dusty grey, picks up on the gorgeous veins in the carerra marble countertop!!

Well I thought i wanted something blue but the color in my kitchen was
Robin's Egg Blue by Behr


Well... I could use the remaining paint from the blue and dump in a little grey and see what happens...

what do i have to loose??
a beige wall??

So I tested and FELL IN LOVE

Here is the paint with the new furniture.
Yeah, the fabric on the chairs is oh, screaming 1992 but this is where 
we spent all the holidays of my childhood.

Aunts, uncles, cousins, both sets of grandparents, {Memaw came too} 

I distinctly remember being about 8 and wearing white tights with 
candy canes on them and snagging them on one of these chairs. 

soooooo many memories of happy times from my childhood, and I am sooooo glad
 I can create more memories around this table with my family!!!!

I also wanted to point out you can see the kitchen from this view. 

Can you see the vast difference in color between the dining room and kitchen??

Don't worry though, we won't be leaving the kitchen this color for long...
{we are thinking of using Abbington Putty by Benjamin Moore}
Don't you just love the carving in the legs and spindles in the china cabinet??

Best part.. cabinet is holding all of my sewing/crafting supplies...

Now just to find some new chairs, maybe parson's chairs.

What do yall think??

And artwork... 

botanicals?

mirrors?





4 comments:

Charity said...

I love it all. You are so blessed to have had both of your grandparents dinning room furniture. I love the new look of your room so fresh. I always mix my own paint colors, I have control issues but we won't go there today. I am so thankful to have read your story and that you linked up.

Cha Cha

Jenny Beth said...

haha your hilarious...i have control issues too!! haha. cant wait to link up again next week!! when i read about your table i was thinking to myself. omg same thing!! haha

Sarah said...

recover the chairs! we did for our dining room chairs and it was super easy!

Kate Spears said...

i like what you have going here. keep us posted with your progress!