Sunday, November 28, 2010

Beginning to look alot like christmas

Now that everyone has recovered from their self-induced turkey coma, it's time to get out the decor!!

Ever since i can remember decking the halls has been my favorite thing about christmas.
.

As a child the family would form an assembly line from the attic to the kitchen to unveil all our treasures.
.
After as little as 30 minutes a melt-down of some sort would happen and after a much needed break the whole family would resume their previous position. 

I remember laughing over old school art projects.

A(sister) and I taunting Nick(brother) with some embarassing object.

And ALWAYS.... a memory was made.



This year I wanted a no fuss totally relaxing christmas.

One where the tree was up in plenty of time and the spirit of giving was my focus.

After all decor is one of the silly things we place way way too much importance in.


I placed some of my favorite ornaments on our tree.


One's that remind me of special memories.
{like the one's of my wonderful days at bama}


And one's that my sweet momma has gotten for me.


We will be celebrating some of our christmas early this year.

We head to the River in two weeks to visit my uncle.

Then the next weekend all of Casey's family will be here for his graduation.
{btw this is FINALLY a picture of our den almost complete. So thankful to be "near the end in here"}
{here is the view from the front door}

This will be the first year for us to share christmas in our home with other family members.
.
For the past two years we have always gone to family;
.
which we have loved, but we are excited to create memories in our own home this year!!
.

I LOVE this picture frame and little snowman. 
.
I bought these things last year with my very dear friend, Stephanie and her wonderful MIL Tara.
.
When I look at these items I don't necessarily see cute decor, but a fun trip, (filled with lots of laughter) with a kindred spirit.
.
Now.. time to finish up the tree in our dining room so I can show yall what I have been busy making. 

PS. Stephanie is EXPECTING!!! Yippee!!!!
At least for a while this will be as close as Lil' Bit will get to a cousin and we are ECSTACTIC to welcome this baby in July 2010. 

*I know Steph will have some amazing DIY projects up her sleeve in anticipation of their bundle of joy!!

Happy First week of December yall!!!

5 comments:

Jessie Jones said...

All so pretty! I love it all! :-)

Charity said...

Everything is beautiful, but the memories are the most beautiful. I know you will make some great new ones this year.

Merry Christmas
Cha Cha

Christina said...

I stumbled over from the Christmas treee party at thriftydecorchick's place and I just wanted to say I love your tree. The colors are great and look so fun!

Veronika said...

Love the colors on your tree! So fun!

Leasa said...

I love the colors on your tree and the fun whimsical attitude of it.