Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Den Makeover: The Couch

Whew... this post has been a long time coming...

When we purchased our house we knew almost immediately the sectional from our previous home would not work in here.

We made it work from July until one glorious day back in November. 
I had been eyeing this couch for months and months in the Pottery Barn Catalog. 

The Carslisle
not skirted, not chenille, and only linen if it was extra soft... 
Then we thought we would order it if  I could find the perfect fabric.... 
Then the 2,000.00 sticker to have it custom upholstered held me up... 

Ugh, alas....
Until one glorious friday morning.
I was perusing our local Pottery Barn Outlet.

There she was.... in all her splendor. 
Not in the ideal fabric but the price was RIGHT yall..
SOO RIGHT.
Called hubby and he wanted to see it, sit on it... I rounded the corner in the store while we talked and I saw the red sign. 
"THE" Red sign.

All upholstry an additional 20% off.

I seriously squealed. Then... while waiting on him to allow me to pull the trigger... I opened my email.
To a glorious 10% off your purchase in store or online, catalog, or outlet.
NO WAY!!!!

So put it on hold to pick up after dinner. 
On the way to the outlet I did this....


I was so mad. 
I kenw it was totalled but I did NOT want this to prevent me from getting the couch!!!

My very sweet friend Lauren picked me up first thing the next morning and we were there waiting as they opened!

Elated yall. 
This was the first iphone picture with the couch in. 

Trying to decide which panel we liked better.

Ended up being neither! 

Next up is paint, accessories and furniture layout!


1 comment:

Ashlea Pate Benz said...

Still drooling over it.