Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The new house


We started out our home search wanting a completely fixed up home. 

After realizing there is a housing shortage in our area... Knowing #3 was due any day, and seeing how people were renovating and knowing it wasn't "us" we started looking at fixer uppers. 

The home we purchased; I remember driving by and immediately saying NO! 

It just wasn't what I was wanting in a home. Then my husband saw potential I wasn't seeing. The more we looked we kept comparing it to that home. We knew we needed to walk thru it.

After the initial walk thru I saw us putting up a Christmas tree in the dining room. And watching TV in the den. I knew this was our home. 

Without further adeu. The fixer upper part deaux! 


This will be our dining room. We hope to do lots of entertaining in here over the years. 

This is a view of the den. 

The laundry room and where preppie peonie will operate. 


And the kitchen. Ohhh the kitchen I see lots of potential! 

And here is the kids playroom!! 

Be back with more later!!

3 comments:

Dixie Delights said...

TONS of potential!! Excited to see it progress!

Kim said...

LOTS of potential! I cannot wait to see what you do with the place. Congratulations!

Erica B said...

The more you do it the more it will feel like home! My house that we live in right now did not feel like home to me at first. I didn't like the way it smelled, I didn't like that everything was old, and I missed the brand new house we sold. But the more repairs and remodeling that we did, I loved it and now it feels like it is all totally us. There are plenty more things we want to do... I'm sure that list will never actually end, but I love that we have decided what changes and improvements need to be made. It makes it feel more like us.