Friday, September 2, 2011

Just like Christmas Eve

This morning there was an extra reason to be excited. In fact, my husband woke up acting as If it were Christmas eve!!

He rolled over, looked at me and said...TOMORROW IS GAMEDAY!!!

If I were in class today, lessons would be lighter, everyone would be in a good mood and everyone would have an extra pep in his or her step.

I wish I could explain the feeling of living on campus at the University of Alabama.

Girls living in Tutweiler were fretting over their GAMEDAY attire and comparing ensembles with one another. Others were fretting over not having a date to the game.



Tents start to arise and a soft scent of bourbon fills the air. The heat and humidity is forgotten, and talk of "the boys" is overheard all across town. My tastebuds would start to tingle for Big Bad Dog Nachos.

So here I sit 3 full years out of college. I still feel this excitement. My date is lined up, and my attire decided, the shakers are laid out, and lil bits cheer outfit has been laundered!!

The " breakfast" has been purchased; and bright and early in the morning, we will fry the bacon and listen to the GAMEDAY predictions on Sports center.



I feel the excitement my husband woke up with!! The anticipation of hearing the stadium fill with a loud Rolllllllllll.... Tide..... I in my head!!!!



I can't wait for the season opener!!!



Can you??

Sorry all the pics are from my phone;(

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I miss class on Friday before games!!!! Hope y'all had a great weekend!!

SeashEllis said...

It's a feeling I think that you never outgrow, JBR. I can still feel and smell game days of yore from UT and that a LONG time ago! I still hear the noise outside my dorm window coming down Cumberland, starting around 6 a.m. and increasing as the game time neared. I would say it's only an SEC thing, but I have a girlfriend that is the same way about Notre Dame. Maybe it's a big school thing. Whatever it is, it's awesome, it's tradition and I wouldn't trade it! Go VOLS! (and ROLL Tide!)