Friday, September 16, 2011

Humbled Again

Here I am, flirting the fine line of wanting what I do not need, and being sad/and happy something was taken from me.

All women dream of the day her prince charming will bow on one knee and vow his undying love to her and present the most beautiful sparking stone she has ever seen. It is her "symbol" to the world she is taken, and a "symbol" of his commitment to give her the finest of the world.

Well 4 LONG weeks ago my engagement ring went missing. At first, the blame was placed on our two year old. Then the denial it was missing, now that we have cleaned out every drawer, moved major appliances and even cleaned out the garage there are two assumptions. One, the ring was accidentally thrown away or the dog carried it into the yard. Or, two, someone broke in and stole it. 

Unfortunately for me, the nightmare doesn't end there. I called our insurance company to find out my husband forgot to add the jewelry rider to our policy. 

I wait a week and looked more.

I call back a second time and the lady mentions mysterious disappearance and loss. We proceed to file a claim only to discover our policy doesn't cover mysterious disappearance and the only hope of filing something is to file a stolen report with the police department and at that point, the policy then states the maximum amount awarded is $1,500.00 That doesn't even touch the original appraisal.

So, here I sit having the most pathetic pitty party I have ever had. 

To be completely honest, weary is the best word to describe it. 

I wonder why did it have to go missing, but then I keep telling myself this is happening for a reason.

I feel the lord is trying to teach me something here. 

Best I can figure right now is he is "stripping" me of my worldly possessions and showing me the covenant Casey and I made with God is all that matters and the worldly representation is nothing but for show. 

Right now I don't understand it...but I know I will... and when the lord reveals this lesson to me; you bet your bottom dollar I will be back to share.  

1 comment:

KimMalk said...

I'm so sorry you lost your ring. I wish I had some words of wisdom to share... It's better to lose a "thing" than health or people we love.