Tuesday, February 9, 2010

At Last ( sing it Etta)

Okay now that we have cued the music join me on this journey of random thoughts.
1. I am still slowly mulling through Facing the Giants by Max Lucado.
2. I have discovered that I have made nice clothing/shoes/handbags my god and one of the ten commandments is to put no other gods before me.

3. working on ridding myself of this god. dont be silly now i am not giving my Burberry and Lilly, but Iam thankful for these items and teaching myself that I cannot purchase them again until they are just things and however much I may appreciate them I won't put them before other things in my life.

4. in an effort to rid myself of these gods i have begun what i am calling a life overhaul and detox. (sorry forgot to take pictures and document this effort) I have ridded myself since May of 2009 of at least 9 bags of clothing. now if you could still currently see the amount of clothes i own it truely is sinful to see what i owned.

5. i undertook the daunting task of organizing all the closets in the house. We have had a few problems with the upstairs closets and finding studs to hang a shelf. Therefore we have decided to do a free standing unit that is attached meerily as an anchor instead of a main support.

now... on this journey what girl doesnt think of Carrie Bradshaw's AH. MAZ.ING closet that Big built for her??
I know i know all those Loubiton, LV, Jimmy's Marc's... ahhh one day when i dont drool overthem i know i can renew my hobby of collecting these gems but for now i would even be okay with this....
again .... i know right?? need i saay more????
via google


so does your closet currently look like this???
well i just wish mine looked at least like this. Join me on a journey of organization, purification, and a sense of finding my dream of a perfectly organized closet. (within reason.)
Pictures to come.
Closing thoughts...
what does your closet look like?? 
care to join me on a spring cleaning organization party??

No comments: