Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Frugalista part two

Okay so for this post i figured i should show you examples of my frugalness and the style is not lacking... first of all my halloween decor...mason jar i had. printed labels on jars offline. crows are bogo at Joann's. pumpkins mom gave me. broom bought at michaels with a coupon, and leaves with a coupon, boo sign from marshalls... total was like 30 bucks.

Another way to save some money is make/buy basic curtains. I chose solid green for the panels in my bedroom at college so i could reuse them again one day. i know i wouldnt be in that college apartment forever and voila... perfect for the nursery...

Other ways to save money are instead of using a contractor to do something hire family and friends to help you with projects. We had caseys dad, Jerry to help us with some crown molding around the front door and i am very pleased how this turned out. 

He did an amazing job! So thankful to have such a handy father in law!

Okay I SWEAR my whole house isnt green. I mean come on though its the color of growth and prosperity, (very fitting for our first home as a family). Everything else is tan or blue, dining room will be yellow when we get it painted... we have just been lazy. Hope you enjoyed! 

Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments: