Friday, June 1, 2012

Show us your Home:Living Room

This is my first time ever to link up with Kelly's Blog. Usually there are sooo many people linked up it is rather intimidating. 
Needless to say I bit the bullet and decided to share our Living Room.
Plus... it is kinda fun to reflect on spaces as we are considering moving.

Here is our den a few months after moving in.
The drapes, artwork, everything was just a hair too dark for me.
And to be honest the couch is overpowering for this space. We knew we would not be in this home forever and this couch would be perfect in a playroom/movie room in a future home so we stuck it out.

So we did some tweeking and this is how our den looked in December 2010.
We finally decided to get some items to style the entry space.
Since this picture we have tried quite a few many rugs as well as switching out the main walls artwork.

Sometimes working with what you have can prove to be more challenging than you think!
I found a new lamp last fall for the entry so here is that space as of December 2011.
(what's my deal with december)

And here is the space with a bit more sophisitcation.
(Man I am soo ready for a "grown-up" couch for our living space in our next home)
And the other view of the room.

And finally here is how the room sits now. This is the actual photo on realtor.com
Just removed the rug and some accessories so potential buyers can see themselves in our space. 

Thanks for letting me reflect!!
And head on over to Kelly's to see some really great rooms!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted a sectional couch. What a fun lamp shade, too. Looks lovely!

Dixie Delights said...

love all your changes!

Natasha said...

I also love the lampshade!