Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Master Bathroom

Well this is one of those rooms that just really needed some love. 
In here we have ...
*painted the cabinets black
painted the walls
*changed out lighting
*finally found a mirror that would work for the space
*added draperies.

Here is what it looked like right after we painted the cabinets and finding the mirror.
(This was soon after we moved in so it took us quite a while to make up our minds on what we want)
(sorry for quality, old iphone pic)
Here is a view from the same angle.

Found this precious ring holder at Anthropologie!


For the window treatment I purchased this Thomas Paul fabric. I Love the outcome!

I am still trying to find artwork for this space. I am open to any suggestions.
Thinking some modern funky art.
Are you one to display an item or two on the back of the toilet? 

This is where I have always put the facial tissue.. Not quite as stylish, maybe more a habit!
Yes I am sitting on the toilet to take a photo of the sink. haha
Dang these 1960's skinny homes. 
I ended up moving the apothecary jars to the other side of the counter.


The light fixtures are from West Elm outlet.

you can see we have a nice amount of storage above the lavitory area.
I really really hate how shiny the cabinets turned out. 
This was obviously pre pinterest days...

and still torn as to if I should repaint them a correct black finish or high gloss white...

Thoughts??

And for the hand towel I plan on adding grey and white striped turkish towels under the Anthro hand towel.

The flooring I am obviously obsessed with. 
Here are the cabinets below the sink. They have really had some wear and tear to them...

The unique thing about this bathroom is it is accessible from the master and AC's room. so its a true walk through bathroom. 

Here is one final view.

and from baby girls room


Left to do:
replace the faucet
replace the shower knobs and shower head
regrout shower
seal bathroom floor with a fresh coat of white epoxy
re-caulk everything
repaint the cabinets...

Now I am tired just typing out this list.



2 comments:

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

I absolutely LOVE it! Gorgeous! I especially love the matching window treatment & bench.

To save you some work, have you thought about going over your cabinets with a paste wax product? A soft clear wax like Annie Sloan's paste wax would dull the shine on the black cabinets down with less work than painting.

Karissa said...

Super cute.Thanks for sharing. I am adding your site!