Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh the places you will go... a tribute to high school sr. yr.

Okay so i will make a long story short. the theme of my senior yearbook was oh the places you will go... the other day i was in target perusing the dollar section and found some dr. seuss bowls to feed baby her cereal in. one had the quote on in and hence this blog post came to fruition. so a brief update with us is.... SUPRISE i am looking for a job. With Dr. Seuss on the brain I did a mental flashback to my senior year. I knew i would attend college and marry my prince charming... That was about all i planned for in my 5 yr. plan. I knew i would go cool places, ie. a bunch of sec football games, st. croix, st. thomas, and st. john, and i knew i would make the best friends someone could ask for but i never imagined being stretched emotionally, physically, and spiritually the way that i have been in these past five years.

Having ac has been such a blessing and being a parent has not been a challenging task, i guess all that babysitting did pay off afterwhile huh??? Since having her my "sewing" skills (blog with this coming soon....) have been challenged beyond imaginable means, making crib bedding, YIKES, know the lord before you experiment with this one!!! and the best has been helping my mom design ac's christening gown. working with my mom on this project has been the most rewarding thing i think that my degree could have brought me. it used to be that sewing was something my mom and i couldnt discuss without fighting about it. now it is such a joy and honor to learn under her. uhh the places we have come from. mother daughter love hate relationship to a mother daughter relationship of thankfulness, respect and longing to obtain the knowledge she does.

now i look to the places we will go in the next 5 years. I will have a husband hopefully graduated from college, an almost 6 year old. hopefully an old beagle who doesnt bark everytime the wind blows, i hope to have a beautiful garden that i can tend to while little girl is at school, and maybe just maybe my store of french handsewn rental dresses i have always wanted to own. (i will blog about that dream one day soon) Hopefully our current home will be a home of the past our "love" investment property. and we will be on our way to a long wonderful life together. i cant wait to see where the lord will take us and guide us in the next 5 years....





No comments: