Friday, July 26, 2013

Baby Whits Birth Story

So much has happened in such an incredibly short period of time I must record it! Like.... Now! 

(Please notice how I am standing like a waddling penguin! Soo hilarious to me now!!!) 

Okay so back up to June 25th. My appointments for this pregnancy just worked out to be on Tuesdays.  On that Tuesday I was a day or two shy of 38 weeks. I was feeling pretty miserable and the dr seemed to be dismissing my concerns for a higher blood pressure. For over 6 weeks I was having ringing in my ears, flashes of light, dizzy spells etc. she said not to be concerned.

At this appointment I told her I would like a birth weight ultrasound. The tech confirmed the weight at around 7 lbs 8 oz. I knew baby was bigger than this!! I just did. Left there glad knowing everything was okay and how big to expect. 

Over the next 3 days I thought I might be leaking fluid. I know the nurses at my dr's office kept thinking I was a hypochondriac but I knew something was wrong and had been wrong for some time. Next few days went by and I knew Thursday night I wasn't feeling the baby move at all. Woke up Friday morning ( june 28) and my dad called saying he had a dream I was having the baby that day. Well that day I was determined we were having a baby. I woke up that morning not feeling very well. Casey informed me we were going to labor and delivery to see if my water actually was leaking. 

We got there about 10 am and by 11 they said no there is no fluid leaking. They kept me for another hour, checked it again and no! I was quite frustrated but what do you do? 

The kids and I napped that afternoon and  we met my parents for dinner at newks. I got the super spicy Italian sub and remember thinking it tasted Sooo bland (usually it has a good kick).we left there and went to Jerry's sno cones and I ordered the fireball sno cone. It's spicy cinnamon people! If that didn't put me into labor nothing would. Well. We got home and I thought you know what?? If I really am leaking fluid, it will do it if I go jump on the kids trampoline. Sure enough!!! It did. I packed my bags in the car. Casey put the kids in their beds and my sister came over to spend the night with them. It was supposed to rain, it was a full moon and I was determined they were keeping me! 

Got to L and D and they checked right when I got there(9:30). Nothing!!! No you are not leaking fluid. After the 11 pm shift change a nurse and in and she remembered me from when c was born. I told her about not feeling the baby, tests coming back negative and I knew something was up!! She said hangon for    just a minute let me call the dr. No one comes back until about 1:45 (there was an emergency c-section and the poor lady was hemorrhaging and  all nurses were needed to assist, so scary!) She checked again still negative! Then 10 minutes go by and my dr called  back requesting an ultrasound. Casey happened to remember from the appointment Tuesday my fluid has been at 11. Friday middle of the night it was at 4. Finally!!!!! Confirmation I was NOT loosing my mind and I knew what I was talking about! 

So Saturday June 29th about 3:30 am I was admitted to the hospital for delivery. They started pitocin then and we went to sleep to rest. 

At 7 the nurses changed and I met the nurse who brought baby whit into this world!! She was amazing people!!! We have all these random connections! Loved her as my nurse. I was admitted at 1. Everything was progressing well and around 11:30 I got my epidural at 6. Planning on a baby being her by 6,7 pm. Nurse stayed and talked to me. I told her with c once I had the epidural things went fast. She ran to check on her other two patients and said she would be back soon. Well one lady delivered so obviously there was a slight hold up. 

She came back and I was at 7, like around 1:30pm. We started talking and talking and at 2:45 she checks my vitals and starts checking the baby's monitor. She decides to do the internal monitor on baby's head. I am at 9 and we are planning on a baby within the next 2 or so hours. 

All the sudden she stops talking, and won't take her eyes off of the screens and the contractions. Out of no where she calls for help and I ask her what's going on. I could tell she was a little panicked. The other nurse gives me oxygen and that's when I knew something was up. I looked at the other nurse and said look i want to know what's going on NOW!!!! She checks me and I am almost 10.

Well just so happens 3 other women are delivering at that very moment. Dr walks in with a tech, she checks me and at that moment not only is the baby's he dropping from 155 to 84 but my blood pressure had plummeted to 84/40. All I know is there are surgical gloves and this tech breaking down the bed and the dr isn't even fully in her delivery garb and she is yelling PUSH NOW if you want to have this baby!!! It was quite serious and scary at the same time. Typically there are like 8 people around when you deliver. I had dr and these 2 nurses. Noone from nursery was present. As baby came out dr slipped the cord out from around his neck. My bp then started to go back up quickly after he was born. Dr entered the room at 3 and he came at 3:07pm. Quick and crazy!!!! 

My mom was video taping and we were all so worried baby was okay super nurse was like what's the sex???? Then we were like... Ohhh yeah!!!! It's A BOY!!!!! 

So wild!!!!

Be back with my life changing postpartum experience! 

Don't want to write too much for one post. It would be a total bore! Haha

Here is a delivery pic of baby whit I sent to family waiting in the waiting room and a pic from the day after. He was so purple and beat up. Poor fella.

4 comments:

Megan Syron said...

He is so unbelievably precious! Hope all is wonderful with your fam of 5 in the new home :)

Jessie Jones said...

So happy all is well and you are both okay and safe! Congratulations, sweet friend!

Heather Lewis said...

Previous baby. Look at all that hair... amazing story. God was watching over y'all :-)

Heather Lewis said...

Precious not previous lol