Sunday, July 1, 2012

Screened in Porch sort of "Reveal"

This was hands down the biggest undertaking in this house. 

We removed a coy pond, a hot tub, 5 trees, a deck, installed a ceiling, rewired the electrical, installed new stairs, did some landscaping, and finally styled the space.

Whew!!

It was tiring back breaking work and sadly we have never finished the painting part. 
Super sad, but glad to finally be doing a round up of the project.

Here are the links to the before:
Here, here, here, and here.
Before:

During:
(after removing and filling in the pond with 4 loads of dirt)
And the Almost Completed After:


Here is a picture during the process, we were swinging the baby after finishing filling in the floor.


Here you can see here how we back up to the interstate.


And this is the walkway around the side of the guesthouse to the "very" back yard.
And the "very" back yard. A double cement wall to buffer the sound of I-240.
Really, the sound of rush hour traffic isn't bad at all. Promise.
And the whole "guesthouse"


Here is the door to the guest house.
painted BM antigua

Here is the exterior of the porch.
No, the painting of the ceiling or the exterior trim was not completed. 
That was supposed to happen last summer when I was very very sick in my early pregnancy.

Trust me I tried to paint on a slanted ladder but my husband wouldn't allow me to. haha


Here is my crafting/painting table live in action. haha

This table was so graciously given to me by a friend of a friend. 
My sweet friend ashlea got this for me (from Nikki, thanks again!!) while a local Bath and Bodyworks was being remodeled. They had placed several of these tables in the DUMPSTER!!! can you believe that????

Last look, before.

And After.


May not be perfect but it is a Heck of alot better than the before!!

I would say after "completing" this project the screening was the easiest, followed by replacing the floor.

And the rewiring the electrical was the hardest/most frustrating!

Thanks for staying with me through this 3 year renovation!

If it weren't so hot I would spend some more time out here under these awesome fans! 

4 comments:

Erica B said...

Very nice! Since you have been posting about this house I have always wanted to know about the guest house. Does someone rent it? Is it good shape? Is it cute? I have been curious!

Jenny Beth said...

hey erica!! the guesthouse is the only space in the home we have barely touched. we did have a renter for a little over a year. it is not cute :( Just for you I will go out there and take some pictures and do a little post :) I cant believe I have never properly introduced the space.

Erica B said...

Thank you!!!! I just feel like I need to know about it before you move! It's like a little mystery that you mention in passing every now and then! Thank you in advance for the pics!!!

Jenny Beth said...

erica your hilarious!! haha