Wednesday, October 2, 2013

One Room Challenge: Downstairs bathroom.


Click on the image to go head over to Calling it Home and see all the other fabulous rooms people are tackling!

I am so excited to be jumping feet first in on the downstairs half bath. 

The one room challenge is a Great way to hold me accountable to finish this space quickly!

Its obviously a space used by the guests that pass through our home pretty often and I want it to be an inviting and fun space. 

Our last house was a place for me to really experiment with my own style and see what we did and didn't like as a couple. 

This house will be one for me to push the envelope a little.

 Here are the before photos.
Although I am sooo thankful the tiling throughout the home was updated to a neutral tile it amazes me they painted over wallpaper and did not touch anything else throughout the house.
Exhibit A: the lighting, cabinet, countertop.... 

So.... stay tuned as we begin this transformation! 

We have begun on the cabinetry and here is our inspiration for the walls. 
The painted over wallpaper is buckling and in pretty bad shape so we plan to do a farmhouse paneling effect in here.

As of right now we do not plan on hanging sconces but would love to eventually. 


And not quite this color but along these lines of painting the cabinetry.

Check back next week to see the progress on the cabinets!
Feel free to link up your project!! (click on the image)

5 comments:

Ashlea Pate Benz said...

Excited for this transformation!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I actually love that 70's swag light fixture. Good luck, painting over wallpaper should be a crime. Thanks for jumping in.

Melissa Moore said...

I agree with Linda that I love the light fixture-maybe re-furbish? Excited to follow the transformation!!

Unknown said...

Love your inspiration picture and the ideas. Paneling will cozy it up. I think we've all had a bathroom like yours. Good luck with the challenge! It will get done!
xo Nancy

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing your new bath! I love your inspiration photo!