Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Burlee's How to!!

Have you seen these guys??

image via bella vita
image via bella vita
image via pinterest
image via pinterest
image via pinterest
image via pinterest
image via itty bitty bella

Maybe in local home decor stores, boutiques?? and Pinterest??

They are adoreable... and surely with some craft paint, burlap and a short afternoon we could create our own... right??

So.. how do we make these cuties??

I am giving the tutorial on the football burlee!

First off, "Hi, my name is Jenny Beth and I like to make things as difficult as possible on myself. sO to save yourself the agony of painting this whole thing brown... BUY BROWN Burlap!!! Big Fat Duh JB!!"

so.. Step 1: Buy as much brown burlap as you will need, for one 1/2 a yard will suffice. I am making my mom some, and probably some pumpkins as well so I bought quite a bit.


Here are some of the "crafting" supplies you will need:
*a wide paintbrush
*skinny paintbrush (to fix the lines)
*paint in the colors you desire
*round sponge brush
*wire
*batting
*paint tray

I do apologize these tutorial pictures are via iphone but I have had several ppl around town ask me how I did mine... so here is how...






Step 2: Paint your design onto the "egg" shape. I did the brown first leaving an opening for the grey sides. 







 Step 3: Then use the round sponge brush to dot on top of the grey lines.

Freehand the football stitching at the top.

 Step 4: Accent with your left over puffer paint you have laying around...







Step 5: There are two ways to adhere the front and back of the burlee. I chose to head to the sewing machine and zip along the edges with a straight stitch. 

I have seen some at a crafts fair where they adhered with fabric glue.

**don't forget to leave an opening to "stuff" the burlee







Step 6: I made this first one super fast and in a hurry so I stuffed with craft/butcher paper. haha

The one's for sale in stores are filled with a loose bunch of pillow filling.

Step 7: Close the opening from where you stuffed.

Step 8:  Use a really wide wire from the craft store to poke a hole in the top two corners of the burlee. *Tie a little loop so the wire will not pull loose.












Step 9: Hang on your door and Enjoy!!

notice dogs and child in the background... ohh how I adore 3 little followers of EVERY step I make. :)

I am linking up over at Kellie's

and 






4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it!! I will have to make one!!

Jenny Beth said...

it was really easy and fun!!

Unknown said...

Super cute! i'll definitely be making one of these!

Unknown said...

This looks great! The football is such a great football idea. Would love if you linked up to the Scatter Girls' Fall Front Porch Party that is going on right now: http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-porch-linky-party.html